NBRC was founded in 1984 by Greg Sabourin, who built the original group of members around open-water rowing. The club now supports a diverse group of men and women of all ages and skill levels, with interests ranging from recreation to elite competition. North Bay Rowing Club, in conjunction with the Petaluma Small Craft Center, supports community development efforts designed to bring the joys of human powered watercraft to the North Bay.
Rowing opportunities for everyone!
- Competitive High School Rowing Team
- Non-Competitive Middle School Rowing Team
- Summer Camps for Middle and High School Kids
- Tryouts for all athletes. NBRC is a no-cut team. All kids who want to join can "try" the sport and will find a spot.
- Junior Athletes will learn both Sculling and Sweep Rowing in thier programs
- Sonoma State University Crew
- Training in sculling & sweep rowing
- Masters Competitive Racing
- Recreational Rowing
- Learn-to-Row Group Classes
- Private Lessons